Monday, September 22, 2008

The Work Area






Alright, here is a picture of my work area and a little preview of a new piece that I am working on. More in the direction of fashion-like imagery, I basically use the same thought process that I would approach any other painting, collecting tons of reference and inspiring visuals. You see torn pages from magazines everywhere, on the table, on the floor (even though I am quite fastidious), books from the library, and I also collect images from the web. All this is just to try and capture a feel for the painting and make sure I am consistently headed in the right direction. I also have a bundle of illustrators works posted on my wall, just to keep me inspired while I work and to always have new images that I like in front of me. I never hang up my own work, it just....mmmmm I don't know, it seems that you would have more progression learning from others, and artists that think differently rather than seeing your own images.

5 comments:

Don Tate II said...

Your studio looks alot like mine, but cleaner and more organized. I put a link to your book here: http://thebrownbookshelf.com/2008/09/20/barack/

JOE KOVACH said...

Hey there AG, nice to here of your success with the book. The new piece looks interesting, and I'll be back to check out the finish. Keep up the good work! Joe

thebeautifulone07 said...

Hey AG, Congrats on all your success; God Is Good! I am VERY PROUD of you!

Will said...

ah man, i love seeing other artists work space. For me, sometimes thats the most inspiring picture in a lecture. I really dig the subtle push and pull distortion on the head. Did you go to the Illustration Academy?

AG Ford said...

No I didn't go to the illustration Academy, but I did study under C.F. Payne for about 2 years heavily. He taught me a lot and with hard work, I saw results in my work.